Articles, Thoughts, and Musings
Articles About Netflix Original Films and Specials
- In a future where everyone had implants that record everything they see and hear, what happens when people find ways to spoof the feeds, to disappear entirely? We take a look at the film to see just how well it depicts this future.
- A man goes to an island to find his kidnapped sister. Waiting for him there, though, is a strange cult, a nature goddess, and a mystery that might just claim his very soul.
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny
- Hey, remember Crouching Tiger? That awesome wuxia epic of love, loss, and killer sword fights? Did you ever wonder why they never made a sequel? Well they did, and it sucked. Let's see why.
- Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters
- In this lackluster anime reboot, humanity has fled from Earth only to come back thousands of years later to try and defeat Godzilla and reclaim their home. Meanwhile, we all struggle to care.
- The Night Comes for Us
- A brutal, over-the-top martial arts film, The Night Comes for Us promises no-stop-action and bloody-good fights. But does it deliver?
- Steve Martin and Martin Short: An Evening You Will Forget for the Rest of Your Life
- A comedy special with two legends of the industry (and long-time friends) sharing the stage? Heck yeah, we'll check that out.
- The Titan
- Earth is dying. To save humanity, a new kind of human is needed. Enter genetic engineering. Let's explore this movie and see if the astronauts it invents are really up to the task.
- Velvet Buzzsaw
- Art people are so weird, right? So what if you juxatapose a horror movie against the hoity-toity art world? I guess that's a setup that someone wanted to explore.
- The Wandering Earth
- The biggest blockbuster China has ever produced, this film proposes a future where the only way to save teh Earth is to blast it out into space, like a giant spaceship. It's... not really a great idea.
- Netflix Television Archive: More articles about Netflix programming, this time focusing on the network's long-form series offerings.