Articles, Thoughts, and Musings
Articles About Mission: Impossible
Classic Television Series
- Mission: Impossible (1966)
- We take a dive into the original 1966 series to see if the fans are right. Was this a gem of 1960s television? And how does it compare to the later movies?
- Mission: Impossible (1988)
- A planned dive into the later revival of the television series.
Cruise Film Series
- Mission: Impossible (1996)
- The first of the Tom Cruise films, this flick mashed the puzzle-box plotting of the original series with a whole lot of running and action. We review it and see if the fans are right to hate this installment.
- Mission: Impossible II
- While the first film was a bit of a mess, the second film really went right off the rails. It is fun, but director John Woo made a very John Woo movie, for good or ill.
- Mission: Impossible III
- With J.J. Abrams being brought into to direct the third film in the series, retooling the series into something leaner and, more importantly, more comprehensible. We take a look and discuss what the new director gets so right.
- Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
- With Abrams's Bad Robot production team working behind the scenes, the fourth film had a strong base to work from in craft its story. We look at the film and see if it's a worthy successor to the third film.
- Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation
- Continuing the series in the vein of the Abrams third film, Rogue Nation introduced a new foe for Cruise's Agent Hunt, and a new ally for him to team-up with. We check it out and see how it compares.
- Mission: Impossible - Fallout
- And with the sixth, and currently final, film in the series, Cruise and co. upped the game further, making one of the most explosive, action-packed entries in the series. We explore the film to see just how good it really is.