Articles, Thoughts, and Musings
Articles About theDC Animated Movie Universe
- Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (DCAMU 00)
- Before we get to the new universe, we have to reboot away the old one. Or, in this case, several old ones as the current "Prime" continuity for this film is really an amalgamation of various versions of DC continuity that's come before. And then Flash goes back in time and ruins everything.
- Justice League: War (DCAMU 01)
- Now in a fresh, New 52-inspired continuity, we pick up with our favorite, familiar heroes as they set off on their first adventure together, a battle against the evil supervillain, Darkseid. Earth is doomed.
- Son of Batman (DCAMU 02)
- Batman has a son. Did you know that? He certainly didn't, so this is going to come as a bit of a shock...
- Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (DCAMU 03)
- Introducing another new hero for the league, this movie gives us Arthur Curry, aka Aquaman, four years before a similar adventure would come out on the big screen.
- Batman vs. Robin (DCAMU 04)
- Batman and his son, Damian (aka the newest Robin) don't exactly see eye-to-eye. They are very similar, each as headstrong as the other, so it was only a matter of time before the relationship came to blows.
- Batman: Bad Blood (DCAMU 05)
- When Batman goes missing, Dick Greyson has to become the next man to wear the cape-and-cowl, all so he can pull together a team of Bat-heroes to track down their missing leader.
- Justice League vs. Teen Titans (DCAMU 06)
- Damien Wayne doesn't play well with others, a trait his father would like to see changed. So he's put on a team with other supepr-powered teens to see if they can work together for once. Probably not, though.
- Justice League Dark (DCAMU 07)
- A magical threat pushes its way across the Earth, so Batman has to team with an expert in magic: John Constantine. it's time to form a new faction of the League.
- Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (DCAMU 08)
- Now a unifed team, the Teen Titans have a new threat to deal with: Deathstroke, a villain dead set on ending the Titans for good.
- Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (DCAMU 09)
- Deep in the bowels of a government complex lies a prison that houses the worst of the worst, super-powered villains with little in the way of conscience or morals. This crew, the Suicide Squad, is sent out to handle missions no one else can. And if they die, who cares?
- The Death of Superman (DCAMU 10)
- Spoiler: Superman dies here. I mean, it's right in the title. Enter Doomsdays, Stage Right, and... cue the action!
- Constantine: City of Demons (DCAMU 11)
- Spinning out of Justice League: Dark, this movie follows John Constantine as he deals with an invasion of demons from the deepest nether-pits of Hell.
- Reign of the Supermen (DCAMU 12)
- Spoiler: Superman probably comes back in this one. If that's a surprise, seriously, go read some comics.
- Batman Ninja: A look at the direct-to-DVD DC animated film featuring Batman going back to feudal Japan. This film gets really anime.
- Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Adapted from the similarly named comics, this animated movie features a team up two unlikely teams, the Batman family and the TMNT, as they're forced to take on the combined forced of Ras Al Ghul and the Shredder. It is also an absolute, goofy delight.