Articles, Thoughts, and Musings
Articles About the Friday the 13th Series
- Friday the 13th (1980)
- A summer camp sits beside idylic Crystal Lake. It's been shut for years, ever since a kid drowned int he lake and then a bunch of counselors were murdered. Surely that couldn't happen again, right?
- Friday the 13th Part 2
- Five years after the brutal attack at the (temporarily) re-opened Camp Crystal Lake (aka "Camp Blood"), a new batch of campers take up residence at another nearby camp ground. It's not Camp Blood, but that doesn't mean the killings can't begin anew...
- Friday the 13th Part III
- Picking up immediately after the events of the sequel, Jason is still alive but very badly wounded. Running for cover, he cuts a path of carnage across Crystal Lake. Who will be the next batch of victims to fall under his machete? Well, I'm sure there are some teenagers coming to town any second now...
- Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
- This might just be it, the first time Jason dies. Is it for real? Will it take, or will Jason be back once again?
- Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
- Oh, he's back... or is he? We dive it to find out if Jason can ever truly stay dead.
- Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
- Jason lives, and everyone else dies, in this continuation of a series everyone thought was over two movies ago.
- Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
- New blood on the floor, same killer at the camp. Jason returns, and we watch the carnage unfold once more (now with 100% more telekenetic powers).
- Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
- You'd think taking a boat trip away from the lake would keep Jason at bay, but this man knows how to travel in style. That's great news for the killer, bad news for the boat-full of kids.
- Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
- Maybe this is the time Jason finally dies as his soul is sent, presumably, straight to Hell. We won't know for sure into we dive right in to this ninth entry in the continually immortal series.
- Jason X
- What's better than a killer stalking a camp ground? A killer stalking a spaceship. At least, that's the premise of this movie.
- Freddy vs. Jason
- Even better than one killer: two killers. The cage match promised in the final shot of Jason Goes to Hell finally happens as Freddy takes on the hockey-masked killer for a battle to the death.
- Friday the 13th: The Series
- A spin-off in name only, this horror anthology series told tales of fright and wonder, but sadly never actually features Jason. Why even bother with the name then? Oh, right: money.
- Friday the 13th (2009)
- An attempt to reboot the series for a new generation, this film failed to garner the kind of response producers wanted and remains a one-off for the series.